Caring for your Florrie Doll
Florrie dolls are made with quality materials to the highest of standards. Some of our doll parts are crafted by hand using traditional doll-crafting techniques and the colourings on their faces are hand painted, making each Florrie doll unique.
To keep your Florrie doll looking her very best after your many adventures together, make sure you follow these helpful tips for styling and maintaining her hair and skin.
Brushing and styling your doll's hair
It is important you always use a wire bristled brush on your doll's hair. Never use combs or brushes with plastic bristles, as these will leave your doll's hair frizzy.
Before you start:
- Make sure you have a firm and secure hold on your doll, this can be achieved by sitting her between your legs while you brush her hair. Its best to grasp your dolls neck while brushing, but be careful not to pull too hard as this will put strain on her neck and could loosen her head.
- Lightly misting your doll's hair with water from one of the mistifiers in the hair accessories kit will help to tame her tangles. Its a good idea to put a towel or cloth around her neck before you start, as she won't like to get her body wet. It is important to not let any water get in her eyes as this may cause rust.
- Florrie dolls have realistic looking wigged hair. When brushing your dolls hair for the first time, you may notice some slight hair loss. This is normal and will lessen over time. Take small sections of her hair and brush from the bottom of each section working your way up to the root.
- Do not use any styling products on your doll's hair as it will cause damage.
- Never use a hair dryer, hair straightener, tongs or heated rollers on your doll's hair. Any heat will stiffen, dry, frizz or even melt the fibers of her hair.
- If you leave your doll's hair in a tightly braided style for a long period of time, her hair could develop a permanent wave or kink when you take it out.
Doll skin and body care
Our dolls are huggable as they have a soft cloth body.
If the cloth body becomes dirty, you may rub the body gently with a damp cloth, moistened with water only. Do not over wet your cloth and use a clean white cloth only.
For general cleaning of your doll's skin, we recommend the simple method of water and baking soda:
- Dampen a soft white cloth with lukewarm water.
- Mix a little baking soda and lukewarm water together to form a paste.
- Gently rub a small amount of paste in circular motions onto the vinyl.
- Wipe off any residue with a damp cloth; rinse your cloth frequently with lukewarm water.
- Gently towel dry your doll.
- Remember to not get any water near your dolls eyes as it will cause them to rust.
- Always keep her cloth body and hair as dry as possible when cleaning her skin.
- Never submerge your doll in water.